Lead With Integrity
In 1958, 73% of Americans said they trusted the government to do what was right. Today, that number has fallen to 21%, with only 2% saying that they trust our government to “always” make the right decisions. Who can blame them? Our nation’s capital is rocked by scandal after scandal while our leaders are busy protecting their interests rather than focusing on what people really need.
The Way To Freedom will work to restore integrity in America’s government by:
- Principled Leadership: We believe that leaders should be more loyal to our country and our citizens, than to their respective parties or themselves.
- Constitutional Governance: In difficult times, many would try and abandon the foundation of our republic in our Constitution. At The Way to Freedom, we believe that we should stay true to the Constitution, especially in times of crisis, to keep our nation strong, prosperous, and free.
- Transparent And Accountable Leadership: Our Founders never meant for political service to be a lucrative career. Currently, there is a revolving door between the halls of Congress and the powerful lobbying institutions in Washington, D.C. Politicians should not be allowed to “cash in” their public service for massive special interest paydays.
Free the Economy
The politicians and bureaucrats in Washington, D.C., believe they are better equipped to spend your money than you are. It’s time for a change.
Our national debt is now more than 31 TRILLION dollars. That is more than $93,000 for EVERY single person in the United States, and it is growing every second. Our debt is now more than 120% of our nation’s GDP, and has grown so large that America’s taxpayers are paying more than $100 BILLION just on the interest. Since 1960, Congress has raised the debt limit 78 separate times. They have NEVER acted to lower it. In the previous 50 years, the federal government has only avoided a budget deficit five times. The last time was in 2001.
At The Way To Freedom, we will fight to restore fiscal sanity to our nation, by:
- Supporting A Balanced Budget Amendment: It’s time to amend the Constitution to require that Congress and the President maintain a balanced federal budget EVERY YEAR.
- Exposing Wasteful Spending: Transparency is the best deterrent. We will find and expose wasteful and corrupt spending in the federal budget and bureaucracy.
- Opposing Trojan Horse Spending Bills: In the final hours before Christmas 2022, the lame-duck Congress shoved through a $1.7 TRILLION spending bill that swelled to over 4,000 pages. It’s time to end this reckless and deceitful practice.
America’s ineffective immigration policy and lack of border security have created a crisis that we can no longer ignore.
In 2022 alone, nearly 3 million undocumented migrants crossed America’s southern border. This crisis threatens the safety of our communities, weakens our national economy, puts a strain on our social safety net, and exposes millions of children and families to exploitation and abuse.
In our current system, drugs and human trafficking across our border have created a culture where the most vulnerable and the youth of America suffer the most.
The Way To Freedom supports a comprehensive approach to immigration that will secure our borders while protecting those who need it most by:
- Phase 1: Secure The Border: A physical barrier will help limit border crossings, making it easier for our brave Border Patrol agents to keep us safe. Our Border Patrol agents deserve the support and resources they need to do their jobs safely.
- Phase 2: Streamline The Immigration Process: America should always be proud that the world sees us as a refuge of hope and opportunity. We need to uphold the rule of law while respecting the dignity of potential immigrants and asylum seekers by ensuring our nation’s immigration process is streamlined and efficient.
Phase 3: Solution-Based Plan for Residing Immigrants: Currently, there are approximately 15 million undocumented migrants in the United States with no status. We need a long-term sustainable solution that ensures that we know who is in our country and allows for everyone to be treated with dignity and respect.
Achieve World Class Education
At The Way To Freedom, we want to lead the way to ensure that America’s students are equipped to compete and thrive in today’s world.
For decades, we have watched other nations surpass our ability to equip our children for success. The situation has deteriorated to the point where schools have become centers for propaganda and indoctrination instead of focusing on excelling in engineering, math, science, literature, and the arts.
- Ensure Transparency And Empower Parents: Our families and communities should know exactly what our schools are teaching and how they are instructing our students. Parents should always have the final say over what their children are taught and exposed to at school. They understand their child’s needs best and are ultimately responsible for their care and development.
- Expand Opportunities: No child should have their future determined by their zip code. It’s time to fund students, not systems, so parents have the resources and freedom to place them in learning environments that will best meet their needs.
- Encourage Community Involvement: Incentivizing and facilitating individuals, businesses, and charitable organizations to take part in helping students in their community access the technology and instruction that will set them on a path for success.
Trust In God Again
Today, the very idea of faith is under fire in our nation. Radical politicians and activists have weaponized social media, public opinion, and cancel culture to silence any voices that run contrary to their agenda.
This situation is amplified by the decline of faith in America. According to Pew Research, only 64% of Americans today describe themselves as Christians, down from nearly 90% just 30 years ago. The percentage of Americans who claim to have no religious faith has nearly doubled during that time.
At The Way To Freedom, we will work to revive America’s faith in God by:
- Restore our Core Values: When the core values that we hold dear reflect love for our neighbors, care for each other, and courageously standing for right and just laws, then we will change the culture of our country. We believe that when the next generation sees the leaders in our country operate in love without hypocrisy, their hearts will reengage with God once again.
- Protect Religious Freedom: People of faith should never be persecuted or punished for speaking the truths God has revealed to them. Business owners should not be forced to abandon their sincerely held religious convictions simply to stay in business. Students should be allowed to pray and share their beliefs without concern of retribution.
At the dinner table, on social media, and in the halls of power, the hallmarks of a divided nation are all around us.
Obsessed with what separates us, our nation has lost sight of the fundamental values that unite: Life, Freedom, and Faith.
Throughout our history, our nation has always answered crises with a renewed sense of unity and togetherness. Today, we face a different kind of crisis, a crisis of faith in ourselves, each other, and our nation.
At The Way To Freedom, we are working to strengthen our national unity by
- Seek First To Listen: We want to engage honestly and earnestly with all Americans, especially those who disagree with us. Our goal is always first to understand and then to be understood.
- Reclaim Our Heritage: Americans should be proud of our history. We have not always been perfect, but we must remember that together we have built the best, most enduring hope for freedom in the world. That history must be celebrated so that we can remember and reclaim our common destiny and purpose.
- Celebrate Each Other: No other nation on earth has a people as diverse, energetic, innovative, and passionate as ours. We need to recognize that, elevating and highlighting the stories of Americans who make our world better each and every day–including YOU!